Friday, February 25, 2011

The advantages of weight gain

It is funny how your body can transform so much and how that affects the yoga practice.  Since gaining weight and not practicing as regularly, my practice feels less solid. It is taking more time to get to my optimal practice form.  Jump forwards and jump backs are hard as fuck now, as well as my personal favs- the backbends.  However, it’s not all terrible and hopeless.  Chaturanga feels “fun” because the added weight makes me feel strong and solid-like a tree, a wonderful huge redwood tree. 
I like to call this the roof chaturanga pose. Having your butt in the air is the correct alignment...

Chaturanga is soooooo fun!

Standing poses still suck, but I am really feeling the grounded-ness of the poses.  I can also use my swelling bosom as an excellent excuse for not getting so far off the ground in locust pose.  “Really- I’m like a foot off the ground, but of course you can’t tell because my boobies are so big!”

The real McCoy.  This fella does not fuck around. "You want locust pose, well I am a fucking locust! Beat that!"
 Also, in inversion I find it way easier to feel my core working and therefore am more in tune with those muscles. I don't know about you, but I generally find it hard to sometimes feel my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment