Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hatin' on the Hate!

This Journey towards self lovin' sucks. I have been finding it pretty hard to be positive about being on this path because of my inability to let go or the judgement and guilt. Then today I found this on Jezebel:
http://jezebel.com/#!5773718/quit-being-so-hard-on-yourself
Which reminded me of the mantra of honoring oneself. How does one honor oneself? What does it mean? How can I do and continue to do this? Tough, isn't it? It's almost like a reflex to focus on my flaws instead of on what I am doing right. The article gives this piece of advice, "List your best and worst traits, and remind yourself that nobody is perfect and think of steps you might take to help you feel better about yourself." That's kinda like honoring oneself, right? 
So why is this so important and so essential to my vision of yoga? 
Because I believe to honor oneself is an important part to loving oneself. If I just wanted to lose weight, I would not have chosen to embark into a deeper understanding of yoga. I would have just entered into one of those fad diets and exercised like crazy. I don't want to do that anymore, I've done that before and guess what? It doesn't work for me. That is because I don't yet fully love and appreciate myself. I don't honor myself. A healthy lifestyle is not about only the physical, but its about the internal as well. I think this is a much more challenging, but more rewarding path to take and I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment